This is so easy and simple that it doesn’t need a recipe, but the photograph is so appetising and they are so delicious, I decided to share it anyway. These are perfect for a quick breakfast, lunch or summer dinner with a salad.
Veggie Egg Muffins
- Half a small cauliflower, riced
- One head of broccoli, riced
- You can use any grated vegetable you fancy
- A nice alternative is corn and grated zucchini
- Vegan or dairy cheese – as much as you like
- 10-12 eggs
- 1/2 – 1 cup of oat milk
- Seasoning to taste – salt, pepper, onion powder, parsley
- Olive oil or butter
- Place the riced cauliflower and broccoli in large mixing bowl
- Note: if using grated zucchini, squeeze out the excess moisture
- Add as much cheese as you like – vegan is less cheesy, but my choice
- Spray a large 12 cup muffin trays with olive oil or grease with butter
- Fill each muffin cup to 3/4 with veggie mix
- Whip eggs well with oat milk and add seasoning and herbs
- Fill each muffin cup with the egg mixture to nearly full
- Then bake in a 180 degree oven for 20-25 minutes till nicely browned
- And then eat ’em!
Enjoy and Happy Cooking!
(c) Inara Hawley 2018